Having a well-equipped first aid kit is of utmost importance. It always come as handy when you deal with minor accidents and injuries. In case you don’t have a First Aid Kit yet at home, make sure that the first thing that you are going to do is buy one and keep it in a cool dry place, out of children’s reach.
When it comes to buying a First Aid Kit, you are spoilt for choice nowadays. Apollo Pharmacy has come up with a list of 10 items that you MUST have. Make sure that the following are present in your Kit while buying a new one: –
(1) Plasters in a variety of different sizes and shapes.
(2) Sterile Gauze dressings of various sizes: Small, Medium and Large.
(3) Sterile Eye Dressing at least 2 in Number.
(4) Triangular Bandages & Creped Roll Bandages
(5) Safety Pins, Tweezers & Scissors always come in handy during emergencies.
(6) Disposable sterile Gloves
(7) Antiseptic Cream: Creams such as Skin Rash Cream (Calendula) and other antiseptic creams are always helpful. Make sure there are creams and sprays to relieve insect bites.
(8) Thermometer is very important in case your body temperature shoots up. Apollo Pharmacy highly recommends a Digital Thermometer.
(9) Cough medicines and Antibiotic Tablets for various infections.
(10) Distilled water & Alcohol free Cleansing Wipes for cleaning wounds and sterilizing the wound to prevent the spread of infections.
Further, make sure that there is a First AID Manual with directions you can follow in your Kit. Thus, in any emergency, you don’t have to panic and read the manual to know what to do. Go and equip yourselves today with a First AID Kit at home and while traveling. In case you are wondering as to where to buy a new First AID Kit, please visit www.apollopharmacy.in where there is a plethora of Kits with updated technology and newly stocked medicines.
Know about the benefits of having a First AID KIT: –
The primary use of a First AID Kit is to provide instant medication and help in emergency situations. There are also different kinds of kits available for different types of emergencies. The above 10 items mentioned are the BASIC items that you require for any emergency for that matter.
Work places should mandatorily have first aid kits for their employees during unavoidable situations. Kits come in handy during: –
- Trauma or the time gap between the accident and the emergency services arrive.
- Flesh wounds while travelling.
- Poisoning and Physical injuries.
- Strokes and heart attacks.
According to a survey, about 10,00,000 lives could have been saved in case a first aid had been given at the time of the emergency. Thus, it strongly advisable to keep a kit in almost all the places wherever you spend most of your day: At home, Work, Car& while Travelling. For travellers, it is advisable to carry a minor first aid box in your backpack as emergency situations cannot be anticipated.
Tell us your story about your First AID Kit and how it helped you during those situations. We will be happy to interact with you on Facebook and don’t forget to get your First AID Kit today if you still don’t have one!