Holland & Barrett Starflower Oil With Vitamin B6 1000mg 50 Capsules
- Starflower oil is a natural source of the Omega-6 oil ‘Gamma-linolenic Acid’ or ‘GLA’.
- It helps to support the maintenance of hormonal balance and healthy skin.
- It helps in PMS and menupause problems.
- It Supports Brain Function.
- It also helps to Reduce Alcohol Cravings.
- It helps to reduce Cholesterol.
- It helps to reduce inflammation.
Starflower Oil provides the fatty acids Linoleic Acid (LA) and Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA).
Not all fatty acids can be made in the body so must be supplied through diet or supplementation.
Within the body Linoleic Acid is metabolised to GLA, which is essential for the production of certain hormone-like substances called prostaglandins.
Human breast milk is one of the richest natural sources of GLA, whilst LA can be found in safflower, hemp and sunflower oils.