One of the most interesting questions asked when it comes to hair care is that which oil to use?
You might be having this question as well and you are often confused when it comes to choosing the perfect oil for your hair.
In today’s world problems related to hair fall, hair-damage, dandruff and baldness are only increasing due to lifestyle changes. It is essential that you should take care of your hair by regularly applying oil.
After all the contemplation and thinking, it finally narrows down to Coconut Oil and Almond Oil.
But which between these two is the best for you? If you are having this question, then this article is for you. Read on!
In an order to find out which oil suits your hair better, it is important that you understand the benefits of both of them for your hair.
Coconut Oil is the oil which is extracted from Coconuts. It is a very popular choice in the Indian State of Kerala and can also be used for cooking purposes. Coconut oil is one of the best natural moisturizers and nourishes your hair follicle.
How Can Coconut Oil Help You?
- Coconut Oil is the richest natural source of Medium Chain Fatty Acids (MCFA). It is a special type of acid which thoroughly nourishes your body and contains antibacterial and antimicrobial properties.
- Coconut Oil has a peculiar structure which helps it to penetrate your hair in ways that other oils aren’t capable of doing the job.
- Helps in taming frizziness of your hair. This is possible as it is rich in nutrients such as calcium and magnesium which nourishes your hair.
- Overcome hair loss problems by using coconut oil. As coconut oil strengthens your hair follicles, hair loss can be easily overcome. You can avoid baldness problems by regularly using coconut oil.
Stand Out Feature: If you have problems with premature graying, Coconut oil is the one for you. It stimulates your hair follicle and strengthens them overcoming premature graying.
You can read the complete health benefits of coconut oil to understand better.
You do know that almond oil is extracted from almonds. Almond oil is also a very popular choice as it helps to repair and strengthen your hair. Almonds have immense health benefits and are also consumed.
Get to know the Amazing Uses of Almonds as well!
How Can Almond Oil Help You?
- Almond Oil is a rich source of Vitamin E. Thus, it helps in hair growth. Using almond oil regularly will increase the quality of hair, thanks to Vitamin E.
- Almond Oil will help reduce hair fall with the help of Vitamin E and D content. It helps in moisturizing hair which is dry and brittle.
- If you are planning to grow your hair, almond oil is the best option. It will help you to grow Long and Shiny hair.
Stand Out Feature: If you have problems with dandruff, almond oil is the right one for you. Almond Oil is known for its anti-inflammatory properties and thus can help you banish dandruff!
It is simply a natural conditioner as it contains Vitamin B, B6, B2 and Vitamin E. What more can you ask for?
Coconut and Almond Oil aren’t for all hair types.
How to Choose the Best Hair Oil for You?
To get to know the best oil for you, you should identify your hair type. The type of hair you have determines the oil which is the best for your purposes.
If you have fine to medium shiny hair, coconut oil is the best choice for you.
You will notice stronger and shinier volumes of hair using coconut oil. In the case of coarse hair, you should opt for almond oil which will provide the essential nutrients required.
It also depends on the problems that you are facing. If you are facing trouble with premature graying of hair, then coconut oil is the best.
If you are looking to eliminate dandruff, go with almond oil.
We have mentioned the benefits and advantages of the two above. You need to make a wise choice based on what you need.
A Mix of Coconut Oil & Almond Oil Isn’t a Bad Choice
A lot of hair specialists say that mixing coconut and almond oils can indeed be good for your hair and help you reap the benefits of both of them.
Try Elixir hair Oil which might also be effective for your overall hair’s health. You can also add a few essential ingredients such as olive oil, argan oil, etc. which will improve the quality of your customized oil.
Mixing Coconut Oil and Almond Oils can be very helpful in some cases.
Example: You have a mixed hair type that is not too shiny and not too coarse. This will help to balance your hair and keep it healthy.
What is your choice of hair oil and how has it helped you keep your hair healthy? Tell us in the comments below and we will be glad to hear you out!