Heart Palpitations is a common problem which is on a rise throughout the world. Your heart rate drastically increases during heart palpitation and you simply become overly aware of your heart pounding. Heart palpitations can really increase your rhythm of the heartbeat. You don’t have to worry yet though! Most heart palpitations that occur aren’t harmless and are generally solved on their own. But sometimes, there are chances that heart palpitations might get serious.
Know the Causes
There are a few general causes of heart palpitations. Know these causes will help you understand better where the problem is coming from. Take a look at them below.
When is Heart Palpitation Considered to be Serious?
Remember when we told you that heart palpitations can become serious in some cases? You should generally get medical attention when you have heart palpitations along with a diagnosed heart problem. If you do have palpitations with a few other symptoms (mentioned below), you should seek medical attention.
- You feel dizzy.
- A feeling of fainting.
- You have difficulty breathing.
- Sweating excessively.
- Pain in tightening your chest.
- You have a pulse rate more than 100 beats per minute.
Treatment for Heart Palpitations
The first and foremost step in the treatment process is to identify the cause of heart palpitation. The doctor might also want you to take a few tests for finding out the underlying medical condition which might be responsible. Sometimes, the exact cause cannot be estimated. In these situations, certain lifestyle activities such as smoking or excessive coffee might be the culprit. Cutting down or completely removing these from your lifestyle will help you overcome heart palpitations.
Effective Methods to Prevent Heart Palpitations
There are some effective ways by which you can prevent and also overcome heart palpitations. You can incorporate these lifestyle changes if your doctor tells you that treatment isn’t required. These methods will just do the work for you.
- Keep a track of the triggers that you get. Take a note of the foods and activities that you incorporate into your lifestyle when these triggers occur. This will help you identify the problem. You can change your diet if anything works out for you better.
- Stress and anxiety can be major reasons. If you feel too stressed or anxious all the time, yoga could do you a huge favor. You can also practice deep breathing exercises which can relieve stress and anxiety problems.
- Don’t drink too much coffee. Observe if your heart races when you take too much caffeine. If so, you ought to cut down on your caffeine intake.
- Say a strict NO to tobacco products. Cigarettes and other products not only aid in heart palpitations but also cause serious health issues.
- Keeping track of your blood pressure and cholesterol levels can really help. Take a quick action if these two aren’t in the “healthy” range.
- Eat well and exercise regularly. This will make sure that you are healthy.
Heart palpitations aren’t generally too serious an issue. However, they might get serious when combined with other heart-related problems. Make sure that you identify the cause of heart palpitations and this will help you find effective solutions. For starters, following the above methods are awesome and will help you prevent the problem in the first place. Have a healthy lifestyle and be free of heart palpitation problems.
What is your take on this topic? Do you have something to say? Let us know by commenting below!