You might have noticed that problems with premature greying of hair and white (grey) beard have become common in today’s world.
This is because of various lifestyle changes and activities.
A combination of a lot of factors determines why your hair or beard starts turning white or grey. While grey hair or white beard before 30 years can be quite embarrassing, there are certain lifestyle modifications that you can do if you want to prevent white beard.
Know the basics to start working towards the problem.
Why do you think premature greying is caused?
There is something called melanin in your skin. This is a pigment which imparts colour to your hair. But what if this pigment is no longer present?
This is when your hair starts turning grey. So why does the pigment melanin get depleted?
Find out by reading the points below.
Causes of Premature White Beard
- You are not on a healthy or nutritious diet. A good nutritious diet is important for keeping your hair black.
- Your body has a deficiency of vitamins, copper, iodine and minerals. Most importantly, you do not possess sufficient Vitamin B12. Vitamin B12 is required for melanin production.
- You excessively take in alcohol. Moderate alcohol consumption does not affect melanin, but alcohol, when consumed in large amounts, has known to cause melanin damage.
- You have either excessive amounts of stress or you think too much or you have lots of mental worries. These are factors that directly affect the melanin pigment.
- There are chances that you might get white beard due to hereditary factors. This is a case wherein you really cannot do much about. You need to make sure that you keep your body healthy and eat foods rich in Vitamins & minerals.
What are the Remedies for Premature White Beard?
1. Coconut Oil & Amla
- Take a mixture of Amla and coconut oil. A teaspoon of each one of them mixed and boiled for 2-3 minutes.
- Apply this mixture on your beard after it cools down.
- This will have a positive effect on your white beard problems. After about 15 minutes, rinse your face with water.
2. Curry Leaves Drink
Curry leaves are considered to be very effective in reversing white beard problems.
- Add a few curry leaves in 100ml of water.
- Boil this mixture for some time until it halves down.
- Drink this mixture every day and you would get to see the difference.
- If you want to prevent further greying and reverse premature white beard, curry leaves drink is probably your best bet.
3. Coconut Oil & Curry Leaves Combo
This is another effective combination and you can prepare this mixture quickly at home.
- Take about 8-10 crushed curry leaves and boil these leaves with a little coconut oil.
- Make sure that you boil this mixture on low flame.
- Apply it on your beard when it cools down and leave it on for about 5 minutes.
- When you start massaging regularly, you would get excellent results.
4. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera gel can be mixed with a little bit of cow’s butter and applied on your beard. This will effectively nourish and provide melanin so that you get your hair colour yet again.
This works well even if you drink aloe vera juice.
Try aloe vera colon and this works effectively in preventing hair from turning grey.
Aloe vera juice has a plethora of health benefits and also helps in preventing premature greying of hair.
5. Curry Leaves and Buttermilk
This is a mixture which will help you not by drinking, but applying on your beard.
- Take a tbsp. of curry leaves (crushed) and mix it with buttermilk.
- Heat this mixture on low flame.
- After it cools down, apply it on your beard and leave it on for about 10 minutes.
- Wash your face and rinse with lukewarm water.
This is very effective in fighting premature greying.
6. Foods Rich in Vitamin B12, Iron and Minerals
It is important that you concentrate on the food that you eat. Vitamin B12 is an important component to prevent greying of hair.
Make sure that your diet is rich in iron, copper and zinc.
Eat fish, dairy products and fruits that will provide the necessary nutrition for your hair to stay black and healthy.
So, here are a few things to sum things up for you.
White beard is caused due to the lack of melanin pigmentation. This is caused due to bad nutrition, stress, excessive smoking & alcohol consumption, overthinking & hereditary issues.
There are certain things that you can do to overcome white beard. Apply these homemade remedies every day and also practice activities like yoga which will help you relieve stress. Make sure you are on the right nutritious diet and prevent white beard problems at a young age.
How successful were you in preventing premature white beard?
Which home remedy worked for you best or do you have any other remedy in mind? Feel free to share your thoughts with us by commenting below!