apollo

Online Doctor Consultation & Medicines

Hello,

Select your location

  1. Home
  2. Health & Nutrition
  3. Minerals

Filter By

Minerals

- Total Items ()


MRP(₹185)148

MRP(₹134)113.9

Get mineral supplements and multivitamins online

Organic components like vitamins and mineral supplements are essential for the proper functioning of the body. People lacking sufficient minerals in their diet must take additional mineral supplements to compensate for the gap. As far as natural sources are concerned, healthy and unprocessed foods provide adequate minerals to your body.

One can avoid mineral deficiency by consuming broad-spectrum mineral supplements to be safe from health risks. However, being consistent in taking mineral supplements and not consuming a healthy diet may cause problems in the long run. Your body utilises minerals to enhance the health of multiple body parts like bones, muscles, heart, and brain. Furthermore, these organic compounds are also responsible for proper functioning enzymes and hormones.

There are two types of minerals known macro minerals and trace minerals. Macro minerals are required in larger amounts and significantly affect the body’s function. These minerals include calcium, phosphorus, sodium, potassium, chloride, and sulfur. On the other hand, trace minerals are needed in small amounts and have a minor role in maintaining the proper functioning of the body. Like vitamins, our body requires a small number of minerals to prevent deficiency. Apollo Pharmacy has several mineral supplements available online to help you obtain these over-the-counter drugs.

Benefits of minerals

Mineral supplements are essential because our body does not synthesise them naturally. Hence, the first source of minerals is the food in your diet.

Here are some benefits of minerals that your body needs:


Calcium: Nearly 99% of calcium is present in your bones and teeth, but the remaining 1% circulates throughout the body.

Copper: A trace element responsible for maintaining the healthy metabolism of red blood cells and iron.

Iodine: This mineral converts raw iodine into energy needed for the body. Furthermore, it regulates thyroid function and maintains healthy skin.

Manganese: It is one of the rare minerals that have a role to play in preventing osteoporosis in an individual.

Phosphorus: This mineral is as abundant as calcium and assists the body in kidney function, muscle contraction, and nerve signaling.

Who should consume mineral supplements?

Even though our body needs very little minerals, certain conditions can lead to their deficiency. These conditions may not necessarily be related to a disease, but a chronic mineral deficiency might cause severe health problems in the future. Here are some individuals who must consider taking mineral supplements in their daily routine:


- Women who are pregnant and mothers who are breastfeeding
- People having an addiction to cigarettes, alcohol, and illegal drugs
- Older adults because the body loses its capacity to absorb minerals and vitamins
- Vegan or vegetarian people who don’t consume rich protein

Frequently asked questions