Most of us do NOT know the consequences of swallowing a pill without water. We tend to take pills every other day when we have a headache, cold or fever. Taking Pills without being accompanied by water can cause serious Health Problems. Then why don’t most of us take a pill? Its mostly because of: –
- We’re Lazy.
- There’s no bottle of water nearby when we take a pill.
- We’re in a rush and we simply don’t have the time to have a glass of water in our busy schedule.
These are the most common reasons given by people in a survey conducted recently. People will start taking serious measures only when the situation gets worse. That is why we have come up with this Article so as to let you know the seriousness of swallowing a pill without water.
What will happen when you swallow a pill Without Water?
When you have a glass of water when you take a pill, it makes Swallowing easier. Duh! We know that this is one of the most obvious reasons, but it isn’t the most important one! Take a look: –
- A pill can stay in your Esophagus when you don’t drink water.
- This can cause bleeding interacting with delicate skin and tissues in your esophagus.
- Causes stomach irritation and infections thereby opening the door wide to future complications.
- Causes Heartburn and Chest pain.
These are serious health concerns which you need to pay attention to. This also develops holes in the esophagus in the future. We know that you don’t want to go ahead for a serious surgery ahead. Make sure that whenever you have an Over the Counter (OTC) Medicine, you need to have a glass full of water.
Know few Facts about OTC Medicines
- They interact with your stomach if not washed down with water.
- OTC Drugs are definitely strong enough to tear through your skin layers in the stomach.
- Make sure that you don’t consume OTC Drugs too often, unless necessary.
- To avoid complications with OTC Medics, it is advisable that you wash them down with at least 400ml of water.
Bottom Line: It is not to say that your pill will get stuck if you do not drink water, but there are high chances and risks of you developing complications otherwise. We hope you would have realized this by now. Spread the love to your friends and family by sharing this article. Stay Healthy & Happy!